As a mum, makeup artist, and PIXI creator, my life is bursting at the seams with inspirations & impressions. I live my life by the motto “live love & laugh” and whether I am working or focusing on my family, I try to infuse passion and creativity into everything I do. Here I hope to share with you some of my ideas of all things beautiful.
With love, Petra


Friday, June 1, 2012

Pastel Passion

I've always had a passion for pastels and they seem to be all the rage at the moment! Here are some of my inspirations for pretty pastels this summer...


Dainty Dresses

Love this collection of dresses from a great blog I've recently found.

 

Dream Bag


Buy at: http://www.farfetch.com


My favorite makeup look this spring (and always, come to think of it...) is all about complexion perfection!

Get Pixi's Flawless & Poreless primer at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/complexion/flawless-poreless 


To recreate this look:
  1. Prime: Pixi Flawless & Poreless primer is a lot of makeup artists' must-have. It makes skin velvety smooth, erases pores, cuts out shine AND it keeps makeup clean and fresh for hours and hours.
  2. Foundation: To even out skintone invisibly, use a liquid foundation. I love Pixi Flawless Beauty Fluid - it's been our bestselling foundation for 12 years at our Pixi store in London for a reason!
  3. Eyes: Line eyes all around with a light eye crayon – Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Shell Sheen is a great pale pink hue that illuminates and highlights.What makes the eyes looks so fresh and innocent and the whole look incredibly natural is the fact that there's NO mascara! Really pretty. If you have blond lashes you could just tint them in a brown for this look.
  4. Lips: Use any clear lip balm that is not too glossy.
  5. Cheeks: Use a bare, honey-toned bronzer that is almost the exact same colour as your skintone.

 

Nail POP!

Currently on my fingertips is POPbeauty's Nail Glam in Mint Magic - so flirty & fun! I think I need all of the shades below for summer...
 (My sister made these lovely nail colours!)


Perfect Pastel Pout!

As seen in the press right now...the fashion & beauty world has been buzzing about sugary sweet sherbet hues!
Get Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Baby Bare at: http://pixibeauty.com/lips/tinted-brilliance-balm


To re-create Scarlett's pastel look:

  1. Use Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal all over to create instantly radiant skin (Scarlett would use No.2 Bare Glow).
  1. For smoky grey-blue eyes, apply Pixi Lid&Line in Smokey Grey all around the eye; blend up to the crease and a touch beyond.
  2. Add lots of black mascara & line inner rim with black liner.
  3. For perfect pink cheeks, buff on Pixi Beauty Blush in Perkiest Pink.
  4. Finally, use Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Baby Bare on lips. When the lip balm wears off you are left with a pretty pink stain.


Lavender Love

Coloured earrings are a great way to brighten up the face - these super soft lavender earrings will do the trick.
Find these at: http://www.lucasjack.com



Pretty pastel cupcakes at an spring event in our Pixi London store!

 
Please come and see us at our London store: 22a Fouberts Place, London, W1, UK.

To find out about our next event email store@pixibeauty.com.


ART ROMANCE!

I would loooooove to own one of these beautiful wall decorations, from French artist Laurence Amelie. The one below is titled "Flowers".



Going to London soon - cant wait!

Love these colour combos in grey old London town!

Pastel Blue

I was vintage shopping again...and I found two of these adorable side tables!
(If you vintage shop for furniture like I do, you know that's like winning the lottery!)



I hope I've inspired you to explore the softness of pastel - whatever form it comes in, what is your favorite pastel colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment